Saturday, September 24, 2011

Getting it Together

It has been just over a week since Ava was born. I am loving every minute I get to spend with her. It is very hard for me to be away from her, even if I am just going to bed. I love looking at her and watching her faces. She is the most beautiful girl in the world. I know I am her mother and all mother says things like that - but this one is true. She is the most precious baby girl!

We are getting into our groove. To me, the daytime is much easier then the night time. The last couple of days we have a routine down. We get up by 8am and we change her diaper, get fed, and go back to sleep. Then we do it again 2-3 hours later. She is now telling me when she is hungry by waking up. I might have to wake her up once or twice - but other then that she wakes up on her own and says - mommy feed me!

We tried breastfeeding but that didn't work. It wasn't that she wasn't doing it, it was my body wasn't giving her enough nutrients to satisfy her. I think it has to do with my surgery and the way I digest foods. She lost 11% of her weight from coming home to her first doctor's appointment, so that really scared me. We introduced formula, and breastfeeding, but it was just not enough. Since we have gone straight to formula, she seems much more relaxed and happier.

Once we can get the night routine down, I think we will be doing good. I have been able to get a little more sleep each night, but I still take naps during the day. I have a hard time putting her in the bassinet. I think she would be ok, but I am not ok, so she ends up sleeping on me. Probably not a good idea, but we will get there. She is only 9 days old!

No comments:

Post a Comment