Thursday, September 29, 2011

2 Weeks - Going to Fast!

It has been 2 weeks since my daughter came into my life. My life has changed and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though I am exhausted and like my sleep and I am not getting as much as I did before, I am ok with that. She is worth the late nights, early mornings, the crying and fussiness. She is the most adorable person in the world - to me!

We have been working through the feedings. We tried breastfeeding, but that didn't work. Then we went to a non cow lik base formula, and that gave her so much gas and spit up and choking fits that scared me to death. Then after two choking fits in 4 hours, I decided to try something else. So we went to a cow milk based for gassy and fussiness. That has seemed to be much better. She hasn't had a choking fit since we switched her over. We are increasing her amount and she is gaining weight. I can see it in her face. She has her fussiness moments - like any child.

We are working on knowing her schedule and she is working on figuring out what life is. She does good in the morning and afternoon hours. She seems to be up during the night hours into the midnight hours. But once she calms down - she sleeps a good 4 hours. We are still working on getting her to sleep in the bassinet. She tends to sleep on mommy right now - but we are going to keep trying the bassinet so we all can have good sleeps!

I am very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter. She has the funniest faces and the most adorable noises. I could just eat her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment